Hi! So, being the predictable person I am, one of the first things I checked after I set up my dreamwidth account was to see whether there was a House/Cuddy community. There wasn't one, but there is now! I really don't expect this place to end up to be very busy, especially not while this whole site is still brand new. The main thing is that if everyone plays nicely, then it's all going to be fairly relaxed around here.
The general ground rules are on the comm's info page. I've customised the community's layout as best as possible for now. Dreamwidth only has extremely limited customisation tools at the moment. A banner and other such pretty things will come later, once those tools become available for free accounts.
So, just a few things to note!
1. Cutting long posts is essential. The same coding for cutting applies here as it does on LJ; go here
to read about cuts if you're not sure how to do a cut.
2. Spoilers MUST be cut. There's going to be a one-week cutting rule here, where all topics surrounding new episodes must be put completely under a spoiler cut for the week following the airing of said episode. That includes icons, graphics, you name it. Lots of people who don't live in the States do download the episodes, but some people don't have the luxury of being able to do that (dial-up internet, for example, where downloading a 350MB file would take a lifetime). So, please, be courteous of others when it comes to spoilers.
3. The above rule includes fic, too. If there are spoilers in your fic, please label your fic with correct warnings. This also means not putting completely spoilery summaries in your labels.
4. I can't emphasise this enough: NO BASHING. No bashing of characters, of pairings, of actors, of other members. It's understandable people will have differing tastes and preferences, but bashing is just in completely bad taste. If you don't like a character or a pairing (or an actor), that's fine. But save the vitriol for your own webspace. If you honestly cannot participate in this open forum without leaving a goat pebble trail of bitterness no matter where you go, then I would strongly suggest opting out of participating altogether. People who repeatedly leave bitter goat pebble poop everywhere will be escorted out of the comm by the mod wielding a ban_set command. The same goes for anyone who decides spamming or trolling is fun.
5. A tagging system will be set up! Once those are in place, all members who post here will be expected to tag their entries accordingly.
6. Once more traffic gets flowing through here, episode discussions will be put up each week an episode airs.
Most importantly, have fun. If you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to contact ticcy
, either through a PM or email (mod emails is noted on the comm's info page).